Bright Money is a Consumer FinTech company based in San Francisco, USA, and Bangalore, India. It builds consumer digital products that use Artificial Intelligence to improve how people make personal financial decisions, with their credit cards, checking accounts and personal savings.
The Bright team has a strong background in Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences. The team was founded by Avi Patchava (former McKinsey, InMobi), Petko Platchkov (former McKinsey, CommuterClub founder), Varun Modi (former InMobi) and Alexander Seyfert (former Amazon, Yahoo). Bright has raised funding of +$25m from 28 angel investors (incl. Naveen Tewari and Kunal Shah) between
San Francisco and Bangalore, and 4 Venture Capitalist funds: Sequoia, Falcon Edge, Hummingbird, and Oakhouse partners.
- Develop, Test and Deploy scalable components for Bright's Smart Banking Platform in Django / Python
- Develop Smart Algorithms and Sub Systems for Lending and Financial Communications to the User
- Come up with quick and simple design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Strong First Principles Problem Solver (https://jamesclear.com/first-principles)
- Experience with integration and development of REST services over back-end frameworks (such as Django, Node.js)
- Strong Algorithm and Data Structures skillset
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects
- Experience in developing scalable software systems
- Some previous experience in Python based frameworks
- 1-3 years of demonstrated software development experience
- Experience with developing upon Relational or NoSQL Databases at scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of Django development experience
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks
- Deployment experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Demonstrated Competitive Programming excellence