The Bright recruitment process is aimed at delivering the best experience possible for candidates who show interest in joining the company. It comprises a tight process where candidates are taken through the different recruitment stages methodically. Each stage has been designed in such a way that it becomes an opportunity for mutual learning. Responsiveness is highly sought after and so is our feedback, which is specially constructed for the benefit of all the candidates who apply.
Our hiring philosophy:
We take hiring very seriously at Bright because we are trying to build a company that is the first of its kind in the country, looking at debt management in such a unique way. We want to have a strong team of data-driven professionals who can give consumer finances a 180-degree turn in the market and make it a highly efficient and fun process for our customers.
What is the Bright hiring process like?
- Stage 1: The initial connection is built with the candidate via the HR team. The intention here is to learn about the applicant’s interests, background and personality.
- Stage 2: After this initial screening, the Bright culture and vision walkthrough is done. If applicable to the role, the candidate will be sent the first written assignment.
- Stage 3: Language, aptitude and experience are all tested in this assignment. People with relevant experience will be able to get through to the next round. If it is a technical role, then there will be more tests administered. Non-tech roles will have further interviews.
- Stage 4: The candidate’s responses are carefully assessed before they are pushed to the next round. Technical rounds are then conducted by leaders leadership team. This is to test problem-solving abilities and logical reasoning.
- Stage 5: Interviews are then set up with the co-founders who put the candidate’s problem-solving skills through further rigorous testing, helping them understand the Bright product and company mission. and to ensure the candidate’s learning needs are aligned with the company and role.
- Stage 6: A candidate that has made it through all of these stages successfully reaches the ‘culture fit’ interview with an exec-team member, before a final offer is made.
Values we look for in candidates:
- Potential for mental growth
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm for the field applied for
- Critical and out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to go above and beyond the expectations of the role
- Flexibility in approach
- Positive energy
Our pledge to the candidates:
- Scope for mutual evaluation - we assess the candidate’s skills and abilities and the candidate gets a feel of the company and can set expectations.
- Focus on the happiness quotient - ensuring a pleasant experience before, during and after the hiring process.
- An active applicant database - all the candidate profiles are saved for future requirements. There is an allowance to re-apply at Bright should the candidate come across a better-suited role in the company.
- Recognizing underlying potential - appreciating candidate spirit even if the candidate is not hired.
- Learnings & takeaways - candidates maintain that they walk away with a better idea of how to inculcate a startup mindset and how to think out of the box to solve problems. They enjoy the process and challenges posed to them from start to finish.