Are you from that list who often frequently loves to dine out in posh restaurants? Then, probably you are aware of different problems. Yes, we are talking about the hefty bills that often burden you. Every time you decide to enhance your taste buds at your favorite restaurants, the bills might allow you to take back off.
You can make a change if you want to know how to pay off debt besides enjoying the food experience with the best dining credit cards. These cards can also help you save money on food outings at different popular restaurants. A plethora of fine dining cards will help you to get the most discounts and cashback. So, if you are one of those foodies seeking a dining credit card, check our curated options.
From business meetings at different luxury restaurants to enjoying quick breakfasts, the best restaurant credit cards can meet your needs.
Which are the Best Credit Cards for Dining and Entertainment?
The best credit card for dining and entertainment can vary depending on your specific needs and preferences. According to 2021, 84% of the U.S. adults use a credit card.
Below, we have mentioned the list of best and exclusive restaurant cards based on different rewards rates, rewards categories, redemption options, annual fees, and additional benefits. So, read on to view the best picks, learn how the best restaurant credit cards work greatly, and how they can help you to maximize your rewards besides guiding you on how to pay off credit card debt.
- American Express® Gold Card
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Citi Premier® Card:
This is not just a card, but it also comes with many offers that apply to global dining at different restaurants of U.S. supermarkets. You can even avail of a $120 annual dining credit at Grubhub, Wine.com, Goldbelly, The Cheesecake Factory, Milk Bar, and even in different selected Shake Shack locations. All these benefits have made this card a strong contender for all types of food purchases.
- Assured bonus earnings on different restaurants that are in U.S. supermarkets
- These bonus points are transferable
- Bonus earning on different flights is possible
- Monthly food subscription credit is also available
- There are limited bonus categories
- There are also different non-dining perks and benefits available
- Difficult credit redemption is also applied
The Capital One SavorOne is an excellent cashback credit card. It applies to all beginners looking for a great reward structure with no annual fee. This card even offers great advantages on dining and entertainment with a huge high-value bonus.
- You can earn unlimited 3% cash back
- Extra 1% on all other purchases
- This card is excellent for all the beginners. Check out Bright Builder if you’re looking to build credit!
- The reward value is not up to the mark
- Sign-up bonus is not sufficient
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the most popular and excellent travel rewards credit cards. This card offers excellent returns on travel and different dining purchases. Though the card charges a $95 annual fee, the card holders also get 1.25 cents on each travel booked through Chase.
- Annual hotel statement credit if offered
- Multiple bonus categories are available
- Premium travel protection benefits are offered
- Valuable transfer partners are available
- Annual fee is applicable
- The redemption is a little bit complicated
The Hilton Honors Surpass Card has stood out in the dining and entertainment category among cardholders. It also comes with different elite-like perks, and a reasonable annual fee is also applicable.
- A high earning rate is assured with great bonuses
- A large welcome offer can be availed
- Automatic Hilton Gold status after a time
- Free anniversary night requires a minimum spend of $15,000
- An annual fee is applied
The Citi Premier® Card is a versatile option for dining and entertainment enthusiasts. It offers generous bonus points on dining and entertainment purchases, making it a great choice for those who love dining out and attending events. Cardholders can redeem points for various rewards, including travel, making it a well-rounded option for those who enjoy local and international experiences.
- Attractive bonus points on dining, entertainment, and travel
- Points are redeemable for various rewards
- No foreign transaction fees
- An annual fee applies
- Bonus categories may be limited
Like any new rewards card, picking the right credit card for your dining or entertainment also depends on your spending habits and budget.
However, if you want to pay off Debt or invest with the right credit card besides using it for dining out, it is advisable to review your budget, check the expenses, and get help from Bright Plan to manage your finances. If you spend a lot on dining, a card with an annual fee will not be a decent choice.
Bright Money provides valuable assistance in this journey, offering effective debt management solutions. By consolidating multiple debts into manageable plans and offering personalized guidance based on spending behavior, tools like Bright Money empower individuals to navigate credit card usage strategically and work toward financial stability.
Similarly, if your spending is focused on dining and entertainment, you should prioritize those cards that allow you to get more rewards and help you earn more points. So, think about your priorities and choose the best ones!
1. How do restaurants process tips on credit cards?
Cardholders always input a tip amount for the servers or bartenders after the bill is already charged to the card. The charge is later shown as a modified option and reflects the tip before it’s finally processed with different credit card issuers.
2. What is dining offers on credit card?
If you want to get a discount on your total restaurant bill on the food bill, or even on food and soft beverages, you can get a good discount using credit cards. You can swipe the dining credit card at different partner restaurants on a minimum amount spent.
3. Can I use my credit card for dinner?
Restaurants generally prefer customers to pay with debit cards. But, these days, consumers also use credit cards for dinner payments. You will be rewarded for your spending when you use credit cards at different restaurants.
4. Does fast food count as a dining credit card?
Merchants in the restaurant category are the ones whose primary business offers consumers the best sit-down or eat-in dining. You can easily apply for credit cards at the best fast-food restaurants and fine-dining establishments to enjoy great food.
5. Is it safe to use a credit card at a restaurant?
As new technologies often emerge, advanced restaurant payment technology, such as contactless payment options, is becoming popular. It is also a great way to keep away from the fraud.